General Booking Terms & Conditions
Scope of Terms
The General Booking Terms & Conditions shall not exclude special agreements and shall be subsidiary to agreements made on an individual basis.
The Booking/Reservation/Event: Means the reservation and other facilities for a given date.
The Charge: Means the total cost payable for all facilities requested by the client, inclusive of VAT.
The Client: Means the person or organization by which the reservation is made.
The Contract: Means the agreement between the Hotel and the Client for the hire of accommodation and other facilities.
The Hotel: Means – REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED trading as Redesdale Arms Hotel, High Street, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL560AW
- You can make your booking by phone on +44(0)1608 650308 or online at www.redesdalearms.com.com
- You must be aged 18 years or over to make a booking with us and you must be aged 18 years or over to stay alone. If a guest arrives at the hotel and is under 18 years of age the guest will not be permitted to stay alone. We may require photo identification (a driver’s licence or passport) as proof of age and if the guest is unable to present this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
- Please be aware that in the time period between an enquiry being made and an actual booking being made, the availability may change and this can incur change in the original price.
- Your reservation is personal to you and you are responsible for making any amendments to it.
- If you are making a reservation on behalf of someone else you must state his or her full, correct name. We will require their full address and contact details.
- If you book 3 or more rooms your reservation will be treated as a group booking and you will be required to follow the group reservation terms and conditions stated below. Reservations of more than 5 consecutive nights will also be subject to extended terms detailed below.
- You are advised at the time of booking to make prior reservations for dining, to avoid disappointment upon arrival.
- All bookings will be secured with valid credit or debit card details regardless of prepayment unless subject to prior arrangement in form of credit account contract or owner discretion.
- When your booking has been confirmed the Hotel will then send out a final confirmation.
- Please inform the Hotel when booking of any special requirements, to enable us to meet your needs. We cannot be held responsible for any services we are unable to offer due to such special requirements without prior notice of such.
- We do NOT offer smoking rooms, smoking is not permitted in any hotel rooms or public areas. A fine of £150.00 will be issued to any client found to be smoking within these areas of the Hotel.
Rates & Payment
- All published rates are priced per room per night and include Value Added Tax (VAT).
- The Hotel offers a rack rate by default. Special tariffs such as last minute deals, package offers and corporate rates may be available subject to availability and owner/manager discretion.
- The Hotel offers both Bed & Breakfast & Dinner Bed & Breakfast Rates as well as Last Minute, Special Packages and deals so please ensure you have selected the correct price for your reservation.
- For all Internet bookings on the Hotels own website, credit or debit card details will be held to secure the reservation. This card will be charged should a chargeable cancellation occur as per cancellation terms below.
- For all Internet bookings via online booking agents such as Booking.com, you will be required to read their terms and conditions in addition to our own. Some agents require prepayment or deposits and the Hotel will account for this provided the agent has an agreement with the hotel. Any disputes regarding agents without agreements should be resolved between the guest and the agent and the Hotel will not be held responsible in such event. If you are unsure about an agent please contact the Hotel prior to making a reservation.
- For clients booking 3 rooms or more, please follow the group reservations terms and conditions stated below.
- Accommodation Vouchers are available for purchase.
- The Hotel, accepts the following methods of payment: Cash Sterling (for non pre-payable bookings), Cheque (must be pre-paid), Bank Transfer (must be pre-paid) & Credit/ Debit Cards – MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Visa/Delta, Switch, Solo Maestro.
- All cheques received, as deposits must have the person’s address and cheque guarantee number on the back. The Hotel must also receive cheques within time to be cleared by the Hotels bank, a minimum of 14 days prior to the booking/event date.
- All Bank Transfer payments made must use the booking number as reference and be made within time to be cleared by the Hotels bank and allocated to your booking, a minimum of 14 days prior to the booking/event date.
- Children up to and including 2 years will stay free of charge when sharing with two full paying adults.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 16 will be charged at a cost of £30.00 per child per night, when sharing with two full paying adults in a suite or family room.
- Full price will be charged for any person’s 16 years of age and over or children under 16 when not staying with two full paying adults.
- Cots are provided free of charge, cots must be pre-booked and are supplied subject to availability. We request that the Client supply their own cot bedding.
Cancellation and Amendment
- Whilst the hotel will do its best to accommodate increased guest numbers, it can only do so, within the constraints of its facilities and must at all times comply within the limits of Fire & Safety Regulations. Any increase in numbers shall be charged at the Hotels Standard Rates.
- Any alterations made by the client must be confirmed by letter, email or fax confirmation.
- Booking dates can be changed within the cancellation policy, rooms and prices are subject to availability.
When cancelling a booking the client must note the cancellation reference provided by the Hotel and quote it in any further correspondence with the Hotel.
- Individual accommodation bookings must be cancelled before 12 noon two days prior to the arrival day to avoid incurring a full payment charge. Payment will only be refunded if the Hotel is able to re-hire the facilities, at the Hotels full rack rate. At the owners/managers discretion charges may be waived, a lower charge or charge of only the difference between the original booking and that of the ‘replacement’ reservation.
Hotel Online Bookings
- Individual accommodation bookings must be cancelled before 12 noon the day prior to arrival day to avoid incurring a full payment charge. Payment will only be refunded if the Hotel is able to re-hire the facilities, at the Hotels full rack rate. At the owners/managers discretion charges may be waived, a lower charge or charge of only the difference between the original booking and that of the ‘replacement’ reservation.
- For clients booking 5 rooms or more, please follow the group reservations terms and conditions stated below.
On-line Booking Agent Bookings
- Examples – Bookings.com, Amadeus, Laterooms, Lastminute.com, Hotelbeds, HRS, VisitChester. Please read the terms and conditions that apply on the booking site that you use, as they will vary from the Hotels cancellation policy.
- Any reservation made through an online agent like those above should be amended or canceled through that agent. The hotel is unable to accept cancellations directly for these bookings.
Group Bookings and Long Stay Bookings
- If you book 3 or more rooms your reservation will be treated as a group booking.
- If your booking is longer than 5 nights or consists over over 5 room nights the hotel withholds the right to place extended terms and cancellation periods.
- A deposit payment may be required at the discretion on the owner/manager which is required at least 4 weeks prior to arrival or at time of booking if made less than 4 weeks before arrival.
- Deposits are refundable if cancellation is made at least 5 working days prior to arrival. The hotel withholds the right to extend the calculation period for larger or longer bookings but this will always be agreed with the client before any deposit payment is taken.
- The Client will be required to read, sign and return a copy of the Hotels terms and conditions with the deposit payment.
- The hotel withholds the right at the owner/managers discretion to request full payment prior to the arrival date. This again will be agreed with the client prior to confirming the booking or any payment is taken. Please be aware that any monies paid are both non-refundable and non-transferable after the 5 days group cancellation policy or longer if agreed by the client at the time of booking.
- Bookings cancelled after the cancellation policy will only be refundable under exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Hotel owner/manager.
- If your deposits are not received within the payment time, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel your booking. The client will always be contacted prior to any cancellation being made.
- The client who makes the booking will become the group leader and is responsible for ensuring all their guests understand the Hotels terms and conditions and meet the payment deadlines.
- The group leader will also be responsible for any unpaid balances or charges relating to members of their group.
- Any amendments must be carried out through the group leader to avoid any confusion.
- Bedroom accommodation will in most cases be available from 3pm, should for any reason this likely not be the case the hotel will contact the guest and make appropriate arrangements.
- All confirmed rooms will be held for late arrival.
- The owner/manager may contact the guest to confirm an estimated arrival time should they believe late arrival is likely so provisions for late arrival may be made.
- All guests will require a Credit/ Debit Card for security on check-in. For Group bookings one card can be used to secure all rooms. If a single card is used for a group reservation that guests card will be held against all rooms and will be charged for any unpaid balances or charges relating to those rooms.
- All guests are required to vacate their bedrooms and settle their account prior to 11am on the day of departure.
- For guests wishing to checkout prior to 7am we advise you settle your account the evening prior to departure to avoid delay on the morning of departure.
Large Single Sex Groups
- The Hotel is a private company and reserves the right to vet large single sex bookings. There may be restrictions on bookings for ‘singles groups’ consisting of all female or male persons. However we may apply discretion in certain circumstances. We also reserve the right to terminate a booking where we feel that the comfort of our guests may be put at risk.
- The Hotel provides complimentary private car parking, which is subject to availability. Guests are required to register their vehicle at the Hotels main reception on arrival.
- Use of the car park is done at the owners risk and the hotel can hold no responsibility for loss or damage to any vehicle or property left within.
- No animals are permitted into the Hotel except guide dogs. The hotel must be informed on booking if you are bringing a guide dog with you. Any damage or soiling caused by the dog will incur a charge enforced by the Hotel manager.
- We strongly advise clients to take out insurance to cover the cost of cancellation and other risks including personal accident and personal public liability.
- The Hotel reserves the right to claim against you the client for any damage, loss or injury sustained by the Hotel, or its employees, due to any malicious or negligent damage caused by you or a member of your group. The Hotel holds the right to claim for any loss of business suffered by any wrongful act of the client.
- Should any guest be unwilling or unable when asked by the hotel, to cease any behavior or activities unacceptable to the Hotel, the Hotel reserves the right to require them to leave. This is without refund or waiver of any monies already paid and any amounts payable with stand and be charged to the card held on the reservation.
- No food or beverages may be brought into the Hotel without the Hotels permission.
- The Hotel reserves the right to charge for corkage on any wines or champagnes brought into the Hotel by the client.
- The Hotel enforces a strict dress code, no work clothes or baseball caps are permitted to be worn in the Hotels restaurant at any time. Guest are to be adequately dressed when in any public areas and footwear must be worn.
- The Liability of the Hotel for the security of damage of client’s belongings is set out in the Housekeepers Act 1878 as modified by the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956. No amendment or variation of this contract shall take effect unless authorized by a director of the Hotel Management.
- Failure by the Hotel on any occasion to enforce any obligations of the Client contained in the contract shall not constitute a waiver of its rights to do so.
- The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the contract; any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Events beyond the Hotels Control
- The Hotel shall not be liable for failure to provide or delay in providing accommodation, function rooms, equipment, food, beverages and other facilities as a result of events out of its control. These include but not limited to events arising from: –
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Interruption or failure of electric power, gas or water.
- Acts of God, including flood, fire earthquake, windstorm or natural disaster.
- Collapse of building structures, failure of equipment.
- Fire, explosion or accidental damage.
- Any other act or event which is beyond the Hotels reasonable control.
- If you have any complaint to make regarding any area of the Hotel, please bring it to the attention of the management during your stay. Our management will then have the opportunity to rectify any problems and help ensure you have an enjoyable stay.
- Alternatively if you wish to put your comments in writing or if you are not happy that the issue has been resolved, please send them by email for attention of the manager to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing marked for attention of the hotel manager to the following address; Redesdale Arms Hotel, High Street, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL560AW , no later than 21 days after the completion of your stay.
- The hotel will not stand for ‘Review Blackmail’ and any believed attempts will be reported.
The hotel reserves the right to amend these terms at any time.
Terms & Conditions of Website Use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- print one copy of the Content
You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED.
You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED or that of our affiliates.
We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
Any online facilities, tools, services or information that REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
Whilst REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED details
REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10819062 whose registered address is High Street, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL560AW and it operates the Website www.redesdalearms.com. The registered VAT number is 230 4445 44.
You can contact REDESDALE ARMS LIMITED by email on email@example.com.